If your tooth has experienced serious decay or injury, or if you have undergone root canal therapy, your smile may benefit from a crown. Dentist Michael D. Doty, DDS is pleased to offer custom-made dental crowns in Abingdon, Virginia, that can be created from gold, porcelain, or porcelain fused to metal. Porcelain crowns are popular because they match the natural color and appearance of your teeth, ensuring that your smile looks beautifully natural. During your consultation at our office, Dr. Doty will determine which type of dental crown is right for your smile.
A dental crown is a restoration that fits over the entire tooth, starting at the gum line, in order to restore the tooth to its original shape, size, and strength. Your smile may benefit from a crown if a tooth is damaged or decayed to the point that a dental filling will not provide a successful restoration. Crowns can also be used for a number of other restorative and aesthetic purposes, including:
• To protect a tooth following root canal treatment
• To anchor and attach a dental bridge
• To cover and complete a dental implant
• To enhance the beauty of your smile
• To improve a misshapen tooth
• To strengthen a tooth that is fractured or weakened
• To support a large filling when little natural tooth structure remains
To find out whether a dental crown is right for you, we welcome you to contact us today!